I've been remiss in housekeeping, both literal and bloggeral; sometimes, life just happens, you know? Anyway, I was given the Liebster Blog Award by both Su Sews So-So and Struggle Sews A Straight Seam back when I was still under 200 followers. I don't know if it's too late to follow up (do these nominations have an expiration date?), but thank you very much anyway! I would like to pass this along to Katja of Of Dreams and Seams, Violet of Steam Ingenious, Deborah of The Tropical Sewist, Bernie And I, Molly of Toferet's Empty Bobbin. And if any of you have more than 200 followers, I'm sorry for assuming that you are less popular than you deserve to be.
Meigan of Get My Stitch On was also so kind to award me the Sunshine Award. Thank you, Meigan! I'm glad my excessively parenthetical blog posts and endless stream of sleeveless dresses bring you sunshine. Blogs that regularly bring me sunshine are The Dreamstress with her fantastic spotlights on historical clothing (I love her Rate the Dress series!), The Girl With the Star-Spangled Heart with her Downton Abbey goodness, Puu's Door of Time with her shocking love of every nerdy thing I ever secretly loved (Sailor Moon!!!), and Struggle Sews A Straight Seam because I can always count on her to make me laugh out loud.
And now for the questions to answer:
- Favorite color: Redandblack. It has to be those two together. I have a secret gothy heart. Also because it makes for an excellent song in Les Mis.
- Favorite animal: Let's take a wild guess here...could it be...the cat? I love cats because they are like me -- mercurial in their moodswings, bad with large social gatherings, but simultaneously desiring of intimacy and affection -- and I secretly think that they have the same Myers-Briggs letters as I do: INTJ. Wow, am I a crazy cat lady or what?
- Favorite number: 42, duh. How else will I know how many roads I must walk down?
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee. I don't think I can ever go without it.
- Facebook or Twitter: Definitely the former; I don't understand the latter.
- My passion: Making pretty things. That is why I suck at making everyday, non-costumey clothing.
- Getting or giving presents: Ummm, maybe this is selfish of me, but getting for sure.
- Favorite day of the week: Saturday for sure. Sleep in, spend time with the husband and cat, a whole day of nothing!
- Favorite flower: Daffodils, only because of their place of prominence in the movie Big Fish.
- Favorite celebrity role model: I don't think I have one. I mean, based on blog space devotion, I guess Jeremy Lin (I mentioned him twice, I think)? But that's not really real, since I know very little about what he actually does.