Rather than having Emily and I go poking all over the sewing blogiverse looking for your stashbusting projects, we've decided on having a link party at the end of each month for you all to link up your creations. We'll highlight our favorites, but you should still check out what your fellow sewasauruses have been up to and leave some friendly encouragement. Remember, it takes a village to bust a stash!
[ETA: If you haven't finished your project or haven't taken pictures yet, don't worry! You've got until Sunday night to link up your pictures! Also, when you fill out the "name" section, put the name of your project, not your own name.]
Oh, and if you're wondering what's up with the February LOVE CHALLENGE, here's the deal:
- This month's theme is sewing something for a loved one -- a family member, a friend, a pet, a favorite piece of furniture (j/k). Much as I love the Selfish Seamstress, sometimes it's good to remember that we can use our skills to the benefit of others.
- Any month that says CHALLENGE means that if you sew along with our theme, you can enter your finished project in a contest! We'll all vote on our favorite makes and you'll get bragging rights and a tiny prize. And we promise that the prizes aren't just pieces from our stashes that we want to get rid of! ^__~
- If you don't want to enter this challenge, there's always the Vibrant Color Challenge in April or the Knits Challenge in May!
- To actually qualify for the contest, your entry must be made in the month of February, using mostly stash fabric (notions like buttons or elastic or interfacing can be purchased new).
- Near the end of February, I'll be hosting another link party where you can link up your projects, and then we can get to the voting and picking our favorites! We'll announce the winner the first week of March.